You'd never guess from the weather we've been having (in the UK at least) but it is now July. And we all know what that means, don't we? Oh yes, it's favourites time again. This month, I've got two fashion items, two beauty products and couple of makeup gems for you.
1. River Island Shoes - Featured in this post and worn to death this past month. They're suede, with the cutest cut-outs and lace-up detail at the back, and look great with jeans, dresses or skirts. They're also comfortable - I've spent whole days on the go in these. Not much more to say about them really, except that they are currently in the River Island sale, so if you fancy nabbing a footwear bargain then go, go, go!
2. Avene Thermal Water Spray*- For years I never saw the point of facial mists. But recently, thanks to blogging, I've had the opportunity to try a couple, and I'm totally converted! (Incidentally, I'm not the only one - it was such a coincidence to read Hanh's post just as I was planning to include two facial mists in my latest favourites! She recommends some interesting ones too so do check it out if you haven't already.) This one from Avene has soothing and anti-irritating properties, and I've found that it's really nice to use after a hot shower or any time I feel as though my face is a bit red and sensitive. You can also use it on your legs if they're feeling dry or irritated after shaving, and apparently it's good for sunburn too, although I haven't actually been in a position to test that yet and hope not to be! The mist is very fine, it feels cool and hydrating to use and does a great job of calming any redness. Basically it's a great multi-purpose product and I can't imagine not having one of these in my stash now!
3. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist* - The second facial mist I've been loving this month has got to be one of the most divine smelling beauty products in existence. If, like me, you love the scent of roses, you will actually get excited at the prospect of using this every time you pick up the bottle. Another light mist, you can spritz this on any time you feel like your skin needs a hit of hydration, but my favourite time to use it is in the evenings, just before I apply my night cream. There's just something about that beautiful rose scent that makes me feel that it's the perfect bedtime treat.
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London - I've seen these popping up on so many blogs in recent months and always think they look great, so I decided to treat myself to one. As a matter of fact I've only had it about a week, but it still firmly deserves its spot in my June favourites! The formula is fantastic. It applies really smoothly to a gorgeous "soft matte" finish - that name really is the best way to describe it - and has an addictive caramel scent. It's not amazingly long-lasting, but re-application is easy enough and for £5.50 I don't think you can go wrong with these. The shade London is the perfect nude and has quickly become my go-to everyday lip colour.
5. Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Mascara* - My goodness, this is good! It gives length, volume like you wouldn't believe, and it also fans out your lashes beautifully. I've tried many a mascara in my time, and this is the closest to a false lash effect I've ever come across. It doesn't smudge either, which is brilliant if you have sensitive eyes like me. An all round winner!
6. Topshop Off the Shoulder Top - The silky fabric and structured off the shoulder detail make this top look a lot more expensive than it really is and I've loved wearing it for evenings out this month. It's so feminine and pretty. Just add jeans, heels and a clutch and you're good to go. I'm still really loving the off the shoulder trend and so far this is my only piece. Think I'll have to get a dress next!
So those were my June favourites! What have you been loving this month?
*PR Samples. All opinions, as always, are my own.