Summer Shoes Wish List
Kate Tuesday, 9 June 2015
Finally we've had some decent weather in the UK this past few days! I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen. I actually went out in a skirt yesterday. Yes, a SKIRT. In the daytime. Without tights and boots. This is a major event.
Of course, the warmth and sunshine has got me thinking about holidays, and holiday clothes, and bright makeup and fake tan and all the rest of it. In particular, there's quite a few pairs of summer shoes I'm currently coveting so I thought I'd put together a select wish list to share with you. (I emphasise the word "select" as this is by no means an exhaustive list. My appetite for shoes cannot be sated. I just thought we should all be clear on this.)
OK, let's take a look, shall we?
1. Gold Sandals, New Look - It never ceases to amaze me how well New Look do shoes, for such reasonable prices. These are currently on sale at £17.99 and I love how delicate they are. They've got that ankle strap detailing that's so big at the moment and I reckon they'd go with pretty much anything. I particularly like the idea of pairing them with feminine midi skirts.
2. White Loafers, Zara - My sister has these in a sort of faux crocodile light stone colour and I'll admit, I'm jealous. I don't think hers are available any more but I love this glossy white version. They look really sophisticated on and are a lot sturdier and more supportive than a ballet flat, so great for running around in. They probably wouldn't stay that pristine white for very long, but let's not spoil the fantasy.
3. Wedges, Zara - Seriously, how chic are these? I think they might be my perfect wedges. I love the height, the colour, the simple straps, everything. They're so classic that I just can't imagine them ever going out of style. WANT.
4. Roman Sandals, Zara - OK, so chances are I'm not going to buy a pair of sandals like this. I'm not sure how long this knee-high trend is going to last and probably by the time I get round to thinking seriously about it, it will be long gone. But I do love the way they look with short summery dresses, so I thought it only right to include a pair here. I particularly love the thicker straps of this version - for some reason I prefer these to the thinner laced ones.
5. Snake-Effect Sandals, Topshop - I can't tell you how much I love these. Look at the colours! They just make me think of balmy evenings in a tropical paradise, sipping cocktails under the stars. Just add a little white dress, tanned legs and a bright pedicure. Perfect.
6. Lace-Up Flats, Topshop - Ever have that struggle to find a really nice daytime shoe? It's too warm for ankle boots but you don't want to wear sandals or plimsolls and you're not sure what else there is? I have often struggled with this in the past, but beauties like these (along with the Zara loafers) seem to be bridging the gap very nicely. Cute and practical.
7. Rose Gold Espadrilles, Jones Bootmaker - I loved the espadrille trend when it first came to my attention last year, and it looks like it's back with a vengeance this summer. I love the shimmery rose gold finish of this pair and think they'd look equally good with jeans and a shirt or denim shorts and a floaty peasant top.
Well... I think it might be time to go shoe shopping! What's your favourite pair?